Sunday, April 22, 2007

Wool skirt finished!



Ahhh I cant tell you how satisfying it is to complete a project.
This is using 10ply BFL custom dyed in gradient colours by a very talented WAHM. I bought this wool more then 4 mths ago when I first tried to learn to knit and I was too scared to use it. I am so glad I did. Very happy how it turned out. It was meant to be a pair of longies for Lil and I started with the doodlepants pattern intending to dye more wool in dark blue to compensate but decided a skirt would be quicker and easier for my first wearable project.

3 comments:

rainbowdreams said...

that knitted skirt is fantastic, have you seen SKORTIES? it's a skirt just like you have made, with a soaker underneath it, all to go over a nappy.

love the colours you chose too.

Tracy said...

great skirt ;) So when are you going to make the longies.

Partyof4 said...

I am too scared to start longies atm..I still need to learn how to do short rows